From within Windows, press and hold the Shift key and click the “Restart” option in the Start menu or on the sign-in screen. Your PC will restart into the boot options menu. Select the “Use a device” option on this screen and you can choose a device you want to boot from, such as a USB drive, DVD, or network boot.
How do I boot from two different hard drives?
How to Dual Boot With Two Hard Drives
- Shut down the computer and restart it. …
- Click the “Install” or “Setup” button in the setup screen for the second operating system. …
- Follow the remaining prompts to create additional partitions on the secondary drive if needed and format the drive with the needed file system.
How do I boot Windows 10 from another hard drive?
Switch to Boot Tab. Here you will see Boot Priority which will list connected hard drive, CD/DVD ROM and USB drive if any. You can use the arrow keys or + & – on your keyboard to change the order. Save and Exit.
How do I choose which hard drive to boot from?
Hold the Shift key and restart the PC. You should get the Windows 10 boot options screen. One of the choices is “Choose another operating system” which should allow you to pick a different installation of Windows.
Can you have 2 boot drives?
While most PCs have a single operating system (OS) built-in, it’s also possible to run two operating systems on one computer at the same time. The process is known as dual-booting, and it allows users to switch between operating systems depending on the tasks and programs they’re working with.
What is the most common boot drive used to load the operating system?
The most commonly used boot device or boot drive is the hard drive. When an operating system (e.g., Microsoft Windows) is installed on the hard drive, it copies the boot files and drivers required to load Windows on the computer.
Can you have a dual boot with Windows 10?
Set Up a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. Dual boot is a configuration where you can have two or more operating systems installed on your computer. If you would rather not replace your current version of Windows with Windows 10, you can set up a dual boot configuration.
How do I make my hard drive primary boot?
Generally, the steps go like this:
- Restart or turn on the computer.
- Press the key or keys to enter the Setup program. As a reminder, the most common key used to enter the Setup program is F1. …
- Choose the menu option or options to display the boot sequence. …
- Set the boot order. …
- Save the changes and exit the Setup program.
How do I change the boot menu in Windows 10?
To change the boot menu timeout on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on About.
- Under the “Related settings” section, click the Advanced system settings option. …
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under the “Startup and Recovery” section, click the Settings button.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.