How do I get my DVD tray to open?
The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do you manually eject a stuck tray DVD drive?
To open a tray-load drive, use the following steps:
- Restart the computer.
- Look for the small hole on the faceplate of the disc drive. …
- Straighten a paper clip and insert it into the manual release hole until resistance is felt. …
- Press in gently on the paper clip until the tray is released.
Why is my disc not opening?
Look for the small manual eject hole (not the headphone jack) on the front of the drive. Unwind a paper clip and place one end of the paper clip into the hole to eject the CD-ROM tray. … If it cannot open any further, it’s likely that the gears in the CD-ROM drive have become damaged or dislodged.
How do I open my DVD drive without the button?
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
If your CD/DVD drive is having trouble recognizing a disc:
- If you know the disc isn’t blank, check whether the data surface is damaged. …
- Try a different disc. …
- Try the disc in another computer’s drive. …
- Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do I force eject a disc?
Eject the disc within the Operating System
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
How do I open the disc tray on my laptop?
Manually opening a tray-load drive to retrieve a disc
- Press the Windows + I key.
- Click Power, press and hold the Shift key and select Shut down. Figure : Shut down. …
- Look for the small hole on the faceplate of the disc drive. This is the manual release hole. …
- Straighten a paper clip to use in this step.
What is the shortcut key to eject CD?
Press Windows + E on the keyboard to open File Explorer. Right-click the optical drive and choose Eject from the pop-up menu.