How do I delete a virtual CD drive?
To delete virtual drives with the Disk Management Console, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut for Run. Input ‘diskmgmt. msc’ in Run and click OK to open Disk Management. Right-click the virtual disk listed in the Volume column and select Delete Volume.
How do I remove a virtual CD drive in Windows 10?
Step 1: Open File Explorer, right-click This PC and choose Manage to continue. Step 2: In the Disk Management window, select the virtual disk and choose Delete volume… to continue. Step 3: Then you will receive a warning message which tells you all data on the virtual disk will be deleted.
How do I disable virtual drive?
Right-click on the virtual drive and select either Disable or Uninstall from the menu. Disable will keep the device listed in the device manager but not on the system. Uninstallation on the other hand removes the driver from the system and thus the drive.
What is Microsoft Virtual Disk?
Virtual Disk Service is a Microsoft Windows service that performs query and configuration operations at the request of end users, scripts, and applications. … Provides an API to the existing volume and disk management features in Windows.
How do I delete a virtual machine in Windows 10?
To Delete a Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10,
- Open the Hyper-V Manager from the Start menu. …
- Click on your host name on the left.
- In the middle pane, click on your virtual machine in the list to select it.
- If it is running, then turn off the VM.
- In the right pane, click on Delete…
How do I use Subst command in Windows 10?
To Create Virtual Drive From A Folder in Windows 10,
- Open a new command prompt instance.
- Type the following command: subst <drive:> pathtofolder .
- Replace the <drive:> portion with the actual drive letter you want to assign to the virtual drive.
How do I remove Subst?
Type “subst x: /d”, replacing “x:” with the drive letter you want to remove.