You need to use a special DVD player designed to work with computers and Macs. Like Apple’s DVD player that is designed to work with Macs that no longer have a built-in CD/DVD optical drive. Good Luck! You can’t use any ole’ DVD player on your Mac.
How do I connect an external DVD player to my Mac?
Use an External Optical Drive
Once you’ve attached your external drive to your Mac, you can use it in exactly the same way as a built-in optical drive: simply insert the DVD or CD into the SuperDrive, and the relevant media-playing app should launch automatically.
How do you use a DVD drive on a Mac?
Share DVDs and CDs on Mac
- On a Mac that has an optical drive connected, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing. …
- Select the DVD or CD Sharing checkbox.
- To be notified when a computer tries to access your optical drive, select “Ask me before allowing others to use my DVD drive.”
Why can’t I play a DVD on my Mac?
DVD not be recognized/read usually happens when you insert DVD disc improperly, have a damaged disc or DVD drive, or your DVD drive driver goes outdated. For that, you can repair or buy a new DVD drive, or reset NVRAM (or PRAM) via press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys to shut down your computer and turn on later.
Where do you put a DVD in an IMAC?
Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do you open a DVD on a Mac?
You can find DVD Player by going to System > LibraryCoreServices/ > Applications if you wish. However, the easiest way is to use Spotlight. Click the little Spotlight icon in the upper right corner of your Mac’s screen. Search for “DVD Player, and the app’s icon should appear at the top of the Top Hits.
How do I get my DVD to play on my laptop?
To play a CD or DVD
Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
How can I play a DVD on my Mac without a DVD drive?
Apple offers their own external drive known as the Apple USB SuperDrive. It plugs into a Mac via a USB cable and allows you to both read and write CDs and DVDs.
How do you burn a DVD on a MacBook Air?
Burn CDs and DVDs on Mac
- Insert a blank disc into your optical drive. …
- Double-click the disc to open its window, then drag the files and folders you want to burn to the window. …
- Arrange and rename the files. …
- Choose File > Burn [disc], then follow the instructions.