If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can make use of SmartThings App by Samsung Electronics to turn your Samsung Galaxy Phone into Universal Remote for your TV, DVD Player and others. 1. Open Google Play Store > Download SmartThings App on your phone.
Can I control my Blu-Ray player with my phone?
Now you can use Media Remote app on your Android device to control your Blu-ray Disc Player.
Is there an app for Samsung Blu-Ray remote?
The Samsung Remote app enables Wi-Fi remote control of Samsung Smart TVs sold since 2011 using such devices as your iPhone. … The app is also available for Android devices. Equipment served by the app include Samsung’s 6500 Series LED-LCD TVs, PN51D6500 51″ 3D Plasma HDTV and some of the company’s Blu-ray Disc players.
How do I connect my phone to my Samsung Blu-Ray player?
- Select Screen Mirroring on the Home screen. …
- Your device will be ready for connection from another device.
- Select a file you want to display on the TV from your mobile device.
- Touch the Samsung Allshare icon.
- Then, select your Blu-ray player from the list.
- The device will begin connecting to the product.
How can I play a Blu-ray without a remote?
In order to play a bluray video disc without a remote, it must skip the menu and automatically play the video. The only way to accomplish this is to burn the disc this way, or it must come like this from the factory, and in most cases it doesn’t. The alternative is to press the play button on top of the disc player.
How do I turn my phone into a universal remote?
How to turn an android phone into a universal remote control
- Use your built-in Infrared (IR) Blaster.
- Use the Easy Universal TV Remote.
- Use an external pairing device.
- Use manufacturer apps.
- Use an infrared adapter.
Can I use my phone to control my DVD player?
AnyMote Universal Remote + Wi-Fi Smart Home Control (Best for most TVs) The AnyMote Universal Remote app is compatible with any smartphone that runs on Android. … For instance, you can set-up your device to turn on your TV and DVD player at a single tap.
Can I control my Samsung Blu-Ray with my Iphone?
It is possible to control some models of Samsung Blu-ray DVD players with an iOS application supplied by Samsung. If your Samsung player is connected to your home’s network through Ethernet or Wi-Fi and has Smart Hub features, the Samsung SmartView application can connect and control the player.
Is there an app for Samsung DVD?
Samsung’s smart platform (Smart Hub) offers an abundance of apps to choose from on your new Samsung smart TV or Blu-ray disc player.
How do I connect my Android phone to my IR Blaster?
You can tap Open to launch the app from the Play Store or tap its icon on the app drawer. Select your IR blaster when prompted. The app should ask you to choose your IR blaster the first time you open it. Follow the on-screen instructions to select it and/or grand appropriate permissions.
How do I cast my phone to my Blu-Ray player?
Unable to start the Screen mirroring feature of the Blu-ray…
- Press the Home button on the remote control of the Blu-ray player.
- Select the Screen mirroring icon from My Apps. …
- Turn on the Screen mirroring function of your compatible device. …
- Select the device that matches the name displayed on the TV screen.
How do you screen mirror on a Samsung?
How to Set Up Screen Mirroring on 2018 Samsung TVs
- Download the SmartThings app. …
- Open Screen Sharing. …
- Get your phone and TV on the same network. …
- Add your Samsung TV, and allow sharing. …
- Select Smart View to share content. …
- Use your phone as a remote.
What do I do if I lost my Blu Ray remote?
If you can’t find your DVD player or Blu-ray player remote control, or it has stopped working, don’t despair. You can often still play media using buttons on the device itself. You can also use a universal remote or, with some models, a smart phone app to control the player.
How do you connect a remote to a Blu Ray player?
How to program a universal remote to a DVD player, Blu Ray player, or TV:
- Turn on the device.
- On the remote control, press the corresponding device button – “TV”, “DVD” or “AUX.”
- Press and hold the “RCU SETUP” button until the device key blinks twice.
- Press “9” “9” “0” using the number pad on the remote.
Does my iPhone have an IR blaster?
Due to the fact that iPhones don’t have infrared (IR) blasters, they can’t be used to control older, non-Wi-Fi TV models, although you can buy IR dongles that plug into the Lightning connector and enable this feature. … Agree to this and your iPhone should now be transformed into a remote control.