How do I disable WD Security?
Removing Password Protection
- Click Go > Applications > WD Security to display the WD Security screen, Change. Security dialog:
- If you have more than one supported My Passport drive connected to your. …
- Type your password in the Password box.
- Select the Remove security option.
- Click Update Security Settings.
What is WD Security on my computer?
Description. This installer – WD Drive Utilities and WD Security, are contained within the WD Drive Utilities and the WD Security zip files and installs custom Western Digital software for WD USB and FireWire enabled external hard drives under Macintosh computers.
How do I get rid of WD SmartWare drive unlock?
To use it, open WD SmartWare and go to Help > Manage & Customize. Next, click Erase the Drive? option found on the right panel. Here, you will find more information on how to erase the drive and unlock it.
How do I unlock my WD external hard drive?
▪ Go > Applications > WD Drive Utilities
On the Unlock Drive dialog: a. Type your password in the Password box. b. Click Unlock Drive.
How do I permanently unlock my WD Passport?
You can remove password permanently using WD Discovery utility as follows.
- Download WD Discovery according to your OS.
- Install the utility on the PC or Server.
- Open WD Discovery from system tray icon.
- Go to Storage tab.
- Unlock the Drive from drive list.
- Go to the option right clicking on the wheel icon on the drive.
How do I erase my WD Passport?
How to erase WD My Passport external hard drive in Windows easily?
- Connect WD My Passport to your computer. …
- Once WD Drive Utilities is running, click on the Drive Erase option.
- Read the warning message and check the I Understand checkbox. …
- A notification will be displayed when the process has finished.
How does WD security work?
WD Security: Keeping your data safe
This software tool works with the drive’s 256-bit AES hardware encryption feature to protect your information from prying eyes. Once turned on, only those with the password can access the drive — if you lose the password, there’s no way to recover the data, by the way.
How do I set up WD Security?
To change the security settings for your drive in the future, launch the WD Security utility and enter your password. Select the “Change Password” radio button and reconfigure your password and password hint as needed. Click “Update Security Settings” to confirm.
Can I use WD my passport without software?
You don’t require pre-installed software for re-formatting the drive. Hope this information helps. Hey there Ackman, As Anusha explained pretty well, you are free to use external drives such as the WD My Passport Ultra the same way you would use an internal drive in an external enclosure.
How do I reset my WD external hard drive?
How to Reset a WD Drive
- Leave the drive turned on but unplug it from your computer.
- Turn around the drive and locate the “Reset” button on the back panel of the unit. …
- Unbend the leg of a paperclip and insert it into the hole until you depress the reset button and the paperclip won’t go any further. …
How do I remove a WD My Book drive?
Western Digital My Book – Opening the Case – Removing the Drive
- Locate the two rubber pads on the bottom of the enclosure near the front, curved surface. …
- Slide the clear plastic LED front panel conduit forward and remove.
- Rotate the hard drive/carrier assembly sideways and then lift away from the case.
How do I reset my WD Passport password?
How to Reset the Password on My Passport
- Click “Start” and select “Computer.” Double-click the CD-ROM drive, then double-click the “SmartWare” application; on a PC, the application is listed as “WD SmartWare.exe,” and on a Mac it is listed as “WD SmartWare. …
- Click the “Settings” tab.