Some cases will only take a slim dvd drive. The sata and power connectors are not the usual desktop attachment. If your new case is not built for a slim drive, you may also need some sort of an adapter to fit it into a standard 5.25″ opening.
Can we use laptop DVD drive as external?
Two types of drive enclosure are available. The first is for more recent DVD drives that use the SATA connection—these are usually USB 3.0. … Be sure to select the right enclosure for your optical drive. The adaptor will convert the connection to USB, enabling you use the internal CD drive like an external device.
How do I get my computer to recognize my DVD drive?
In order to resolve the Windows doesn’t recognize DVD issue, here are six solutions to get you started:
- Use Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Reinstall or update the driver.
- Remove and reinstall IDE/ATAPI drivers.
- Fix corrupted registry entries.
- Create registry subkey.
- Check BIOS settings and chipset drivers.
Are laptop DVD drives universal?
Yes and no~ it vastly depends on the models of both devices. For example some ThinkPads use an unique optical bay which requires you to dissemble both, the current and the replacement drive and fit the new one into the special bay.
How do I play a DVD on my Windows 10 laptop?
Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How do I play a DVD on my laptop with an external DVD drive?
How to Play a DVD on My Computer With an External Hard Drive
- Connect the external hard drive to your computer through the provided USB data cable. …
- Obtain a new DVD movie player program. …
- Double-click the downloaded file. …
- Insert the DVD movie into your computer.
How can I play a DVD on my laptop?
Plug the video-out cord on the DVD player into the video-in jack on the video-capture card connected to an older laptop. Then plug the audio-out cable from the DVD player into the audio-in jack on the laptop (typically a mini plug like the ones found on computer speakers).
How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key: …
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane. …
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
Which is better internal or external DVD drive?
Internal or External: you can get either an internal or an external DVD drive. Internal drives will take a little extra work to install, but won’t take up room on your desktop. An external drive is easy to install, just plug it in, but it will take up desktop space and an outlet connection.
What is the best external DVD drive for laptop?
The Best External Optical Drives for DVDs and Blu-rays
- Our pick. Asus ZenDrive U9M. The best USB DVD drive. …
- Our pick. LG BP60NB10. Best for Blu-rays. …
- Runner-up. LG GP65NB60. A cheap and capable DVD drive. …
- Runner-up. Pioneer BDR-XD07B. Faster at DVDs, slower at Blu-ray.
Are all laptop DVD drives the same?
Actually, laptop optical drives are standardized with their form factor and the connector type. As you can see, even though it looks like it won’t take a regular drive, you just have to know how to take it apart to change it out. So in other words, open your laptop up, look at your drive, and find out how to replace.