Recent Macs have no physical drive for you to play CDs or DVDs. But there’s another simple solution: buy and connect an external optical drive, and play the DVD through that.
Does the MacBook Pro 2020 have a CD slot?
The newest Apple – MacBook Pro with Retina Display – 13.3″ however does not come with the CD/DVD slot. … If you want a cd/dvd drive you will have to purchase an external one.
Why doesn’t my MacBook Pro have a CD drive?
Your Mac may not have an optical drive. … On your Mac, choose Apple menu > About This Mac. Click System Report, then click Disc Burning and review the information for your optical drive. If you don’t see a drive listed that supports discs in CD, DVD, or Blu-ray format, it means an optical drive isn’t available.
Does MacBook Air have CD drive?
Apple’s MacBook Air, along with many other Macs, no longer includes an optical drive. But you can still use CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other optical discs on your Mac. The tricks here are similar to how you’d access an optical drive on a Windows UltraBook or similar PC that doesn’t include an optical drive of its own.
How do I play a CD on my MacBook Pro 2020?
Play CDs in Music on Mac
- In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer. …
- If a dialog appears (depending on what you chose to happen when you insert a CD), click Cancel.
- Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
How do I connect my CD drive to my MacBook Pro?
To use your SuperDrive, connect it to a USB-A port on your Mac*, then insert a disc. Make sure that the aluminum enclosure of the SuperDrive is facing up. To connect your SuperDrive to a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) or USB-C port on your Mac, you can use one of these adapters: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
Do the new MacBook Pros have USB ports?
A new MacBook Pro comes with either two or four external ports, depending on the model you pick. … A 24-inch iMac comes with two Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports; some models also include two USB-C ports. You probably have devices that use USB-A, Thunderbolt 1, Thunderbolt 2, DisplayPort, HDMI, or something else.
Can you watch DVDs on MacBook Pro?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
Does MacBook Pro 2012 have CD slot?
Apple eliminated optical drives from its MacBook Pro line of laptops in 2012. MacBook and MacBook Pro models with SuperDrives are compatible with CDs and DVDs. Some also accept Blu-ray discs.
Will a MacBook pro work without a CD drive?
Simple answer, yes.
How do you eject a CD from a MacBook Pro?
You can usually eject a CD or DVD from the desktop or from a Finder window.
To eject a disc from your Mac, do any of the following:
- Eject a disc from the desktop: Select the disc you want to eject, then choose File > Eject [disc].
- Eject a disc from an optical drive: Press the Eject key .
How do you eject a CD from a MacBook?
1. Drag the CD/DVD icon to the Trash, reboot the Mac and hold down the mouse button, or the “Eject” button on your keyboard. 2. Launch Apple’s Disk Utility application, select the stuck CD/DVD and hit the “Eject” button.
How do I play a CD without a CD drive?
These tips work for desktop PCs, too.
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now. …
- Create ISO files for virtual disks. …
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray. …
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I burn a CD?
Open the disc drive, insert a blank CD-R, data CD, or DVD, and close the drive. If the AutoPlay dialogue box opens, close it. If your computer has multiple drives, click the Burn Options menu, click More burn options, and then click the Devices tab to select the drive you want to use.
How can I play a Windows CD on my Mac?
From the Mac OS X Finder, choose Apple menu > System Preferences. Click CDs & DVDs. From the disc type menu of your choice, choose Open other application. Choose a Windows program from / username /Applications (Parallels)/Windows Applications .