Apple’s MacBook Air, along with many other Macs, no longer includes an optical drive. But you can still use CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other optical discs on your Mac. The tricks here are similar to how you’d access an optical drive on a Windows UltraBook or similar PC that doesn’t include an optical drive of its own.
Does MacBook Air have CD slot?
Apple’s new MacBook Airs and Mac Mini desktop machines have one less hole than they used to: A CD-DVD slot. … The hot-selling MacBook Air, which has no disc drive, is now a consumer-level flagship machine.
Do Macs still have CD drives?
Apple has discontinued its non-Retina legacy MacBook Pro, the last Mac it sold with a built-in CD/DVD drive. As with the 12-inch MacBook, a dongle would be needed to use the SuperDrive with new MacBook Pros that have switched to USB-C ports. …
How do I play a CD on my laptop without CD drive?
In this guide, we’ll give you the facts on how to play a DVD or CD on a desktop PC or laptop with no disk drive.
These tips work for desktop PCs, too.
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now. …
- Create ISO files for virtual disks. …
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray. …
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I play a CD on my Mac without a CD drive?
After you have, open the Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click DVD or CD Sharing Options. Check the “Enable DVD or CD Sharing” box here. Once you’ve enable the remote disc sharing on either a Mac or Windows computer, you can open the Finder on your Mac without a disc drive.
Do MacBook Pros have CD slots 2020?
The newest Apple – MacBook Pro with Retina Display – 13.3″ however does not come with the CD/DVD slot. … If you want a cd/dvd drive you will have to purchase an external one.
How do I burn a CD?
Open the disc drive, insert a blank CD-R, data CD, or DVD, and close the drive. If the AutoPlay dialogue box opens, close it. If your computer has multiple drives, click the Burn Options menu, click More burn options, and then click the Devices tab to select the drive you want to use.
Does MacBook Air have USB port?
Does Any MacBook Air Have a USB Port? Yes—despite Apple changing the ports for its newer computers (as it has done with its iPhones), you can still get some functioning MacBooks with a traditional USB port. If you buy a 2017 MacBook Air, you’ll have access to a traditional USB port—also known as a USB-A or USB 3 port.
How do I play a CD on my Mac?
Play CDs in Music on Mac
- In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer. …
- If a dialog appears (depending on what you chose to happen when you insert a CD), click Cancel.
- Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
How do I burn a CD on my Mac?
Burn CDs and DVDs on Mac
- Insert a blank disc into your optical drive. …
- Double-click the disc to open its window, then drag the files and folders you want to burn to the window. …
- Arrange and rename the files. …
- Choose File > Burn [disc], then follow the instructions.
Can you play a DVD on MacBook Pro?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.