Start by pushing the drive’s Eject button, a rarely labelled button that lives next to or on the disc drive on the front of your computer. When the drive tray emerges, drop the CD into your CD drive and push the tray back into the drive.
How do I open my CD drive on Windows 10?
Press the eject button.
- If your CD/DVD-ROM drive has a long horizontal plastic bar on the front, press firmly on the right side of the bar to eject the tray.
- Continue with this method if the eject button doesn’t work.
Why my CD drive is not showing in my computer?
Check the drive name in Device Manager, and then reinstall the drive in Device Manager to determine if Windows is able to recognize the drive. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand the category. If DVD/CD-ROM drives is not in the list, skip to Reset the computer power.
How do I open my CD drive?
The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. To initiate installation, insert your CD and then: Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive). …
How do I open my CD drive without the button?
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I reinstall my CD drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key: …
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane. …
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
How do I open the CD drive on my keyboard?
Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+O will activate the “Open CDROM” shortcut and will open the door of your CD-ROM.
How do I open the CD drive on my HP Windows 10?
To open a tray-load drive, do the following:
- Shut down the computer. Click Start , click Power, and select Shut down. …
- Look for the small hole on the faceplate of the drive. This is the manual release hole. …
- Straighten a paper clip to use in this step. Press in gently on the paper clip until the tray is released.