Copy what you want to backup and paste it to the connected USB drive. This way is simple and easy to operate, all you need to do is connect WD my cloud home directly to computer vis ethernet, then copy and paste files to the connected external storage.
How do I backup My Cloud data?
How to backup Windows PC to My Cloud?
- Tap the Search button on the taskbar and type “backup” in the search box. …
- Click on Set up backup on the top-right of the screen. …
- Choose Save on a network.
- Click on Browse to find the WD NAS or type its IP address in the blank space.
How do I backup My Cloud to USB?
The Backup feature in the My Cloud v2. x Dashboard will backup the My Cloud to a USB hard drive attached to the My Cloud. Another option is to use third party software to sync, backup, mirror, files on the My Cloud to another location. Like a USB hard drive attached to one’s computer on the local network.
How do I transfer files from WD My Cloud to external hard drive?
How to copy files from WD My Cloud to USB drive
- Step 1: Create a My Cloud Account. Go to MyCloud.com and setup an account.
- Step 2: Make sure your My Cloud hard drive has Remote access enabled. …
- Step 3: Go to the Cloud to start the transfer. …
- Step 4: Transfer Files.
How do I backup my cloud home?
Back Up Files and Folders Using WD SmartWare
- Download and install the WD SmartWare software on your computer.
- Connect your computer and your My Passport Wireless drive with a USB cable.
- Launch WD SmartWare and select your My Passport Wireless as the backup destination.
- Click the Backup tab.
Can I use My Cloud as external hard drive?
The first thing you need to know about the WD MyCloud is that it’s not a traditional external hard disk. This is not a device that you plug into a PC or a laptop and transfer files to. You do not carry this around with you when you go from place to place. The MyCloud device variants offer up to 8 TB of storage.
How do I recover data from WD My Cloud hard drive?
How to recover data from WD My Cloud Home
- Remove the drives from your WD My Cloud Home. …
- Connect the removed drive(s) to the computer. …
- Install UFS Explorer Professional Recovery on the computer and launch the program. …
- Find the WD My Cloud partition holding your data.
Can I connect WD My Cloud with USB?
NO, from the manufacturer: “My Cloud storage devices, as well as other WD NAS devices, cannot be connected to a computer using the built in USB ports.”
How do I access files on WD My Cloud?
To access files from any compatible web browser:
- Go to www.mycloud.com.
- Login with your MyCloud.com account credential.
- From the device listing menu, select your My Cloud device.
- Navigate and click on the file and folder to access your content.
Why can’t I access my WD My Cloud?
Go to Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials, and click Add a Windows credential at the lower right side. Step 2. Type the username and password of My Cloud in the following window and click Save. Later, restart your computer and see if WD My Cloud Windows 10 cannot access is solved.
Can I use WD My Cloud without Internet?
Of course you can transfer data to the My Cloud without an internet connection. The My Cloud is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device. … You cannot connect a computer to the USB port on the My Cloud.
How do I download files from WD My Cloud?
Select the content that you’d like to download by first clicking on the circle located on the left side of the corresponding file. Then click on “Download” located in the blue-coloured menu above. If you’d like to download multiple files concurrently, these will be downloaded as a ZIP file.
How do I automatically backup files to the cloud?
- Select the blue cloud icon in the Windows notification area, select Help & Settings > Settings, then Backup > Manage backup.
- Select the folders that you want to back up.
- Select Start backup.
Can I access my cloud home from anywhere?
Access it anywhere. My Cloud™ Home is an easy-to-use personal cloud storage device that plugs directly into your Wi-Fi® router at home so you can save all your digital content in one central place. … With the My Cloud Home app, you can access, upload and share your content from anywhere with an internet connection.
How do I sync folders to WD My Cloud?
Sync Desktop Content
- From within the operating system, Right-Click a folder and select the option. …
- This will create the WD Sync folder on the My Cloud Home device. …
- Any content added or modified to this folder will automatically sync to the My. …
- To stop the Desktop Sync process, Right-Click the folder and select the option.