How do I get my DVD player to play through my surround sound?
Connect the AUDIO OUT ports on your DVD player to the AUDIO IN ports on your TV with standard audio cables (red and white jacks). Connect the AUDIO OUT ports on your TV to your speakers using a standard audio cable, or a Digital Audio (Optical) cable.
How do I connect my 5.1 home theater system to my DVD player?
How to Connect 5.1 Speakers to a DVD Player
- Unplug the DVD player and subwoofer from the electrical outlet.
- Connect the white and red plugs on each end of the audio cable from the left and right audio outputs on the DVD player to the matching inputs on the back of the sub.
How do I connect my DVD player to my receiver and TV?
Connect a DVD Player to a Home Theater Receiver:
- Find the input jacks on the AV receiver for your home theater system.
- Next, find the output jacks on your DVD player.
- Connect the input jacks on the A/V receiver to the output jacks on the DVD player.
Do DVD players have optical output?
Digital optical and digital coaxial connections are commonly used for accessing audio from a DVD player, and most Blu-ray Disc players also offer this option.
Can a DVD player be used as an amplifier?
Yes, generally Samsung DVD player requires TV to play Mp3 sound output. But some have Inbuilt amplifier with jacks for sound output. … Some DVD player does not have sound output port and built in amplifier, in such cases you need speakers with Built in amplifier (amplifier according to your requirement).
Why does my TV say no signal when I plug in my DVD player?
Change the INPUT or source the HDTV is set to by pressing the INPUT button on the TV or its original remote. When you try different inputs, let the DVD player play a disc and output a constant signal. … If your TV has the correct INPUT or Source, unplug the cable and plug it back, or try another cable or port.