How do I save my Outlook folders to an external hard drive?
How do I back up my emails to an external hard drive?
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file, and then select Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (. …
- Select the mail folder you want to back up and select Next.
- Choose a location and name for your backupfile, and then select Finish.
How do I copy Outlook emails to hard drive?
In Outlook, you can simply click on any email that you want to save on hard drive and then drag/drop it to a folder on the hard drive or Desktop. You can also drag and drop multiple messages on any local or network folder. These messages are saved in MSG format.
How do I copy an entire Outlook folder?
Copy using the Copy to Folder option
On the Edit menu, click Copy to Folder. In the Copy Items box, click the folder where you want a copy of the message saved, and then click OK. Note: If you want to create a new folder, in the Copy Items dialog box click New.
Can I copy an email folder to hard drive?
How to Copy an Email Folder to a Hard Drive
- Open your inbox and click on the message that contains the email folder. …
- Choose a location on the hard drive of your computer and click “OK” to save the file in that location. …
- Choose “Save” to save the email folder.
How do I copy Outlook 2016 folders to a flash drive?
How to Export Mail From Outlook to a USB Flash Drive
- Open Outlook.
- Select the “File” menu then select “Import and Export.”
- Select “Export to a file.” Click “Next.”
- Select “Personal Folder File (. …
- Highlight the message folder you want to export. …
- Select “Browse” in the “Save exported file as” pop-up.
How do I move Outlook emails to an external hard drive?
Open Outlook on this PC and select Open from the File menu, then click Import. Now choose “Import from another program or file” and then select “Outlook Data File (. pst)” and click Next. You can now import whichever emails you like into an outlook folder on the current PC.
How do I automatically save Outlook emails to my computer?
Automatically saving Outlook messages
- Open the AutoSave tab of the Advanced Options window. …
- Click Configure Folders to open the Mapped Folders window.
- Click Add. …
- Select the Outlook folder you would like to map.
- Specify the corresponding destination folder.
- Check Process this folder when Scheduler runs.
How do I save emails from Outlook 365 to my computer?
Save a message as a file on your computer or in the cloud
- Double-click to open the message you want to save, and on the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save as dialog box, in the Folder pane, choose a folder, and then the location in that selected folder where you want to save the file.
How do I copy a folder in Outlook without contents?
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File… Then do an Advanced Find (CTRL+SHIFT+F) within this pst-file without any conditions so that all items are being returned. You can now easily delete all the contents folder all the folders at once by selecting the search results and then press SHIFT+DELETE.
How do I copy email folders?
Move or copy a message between folders
- Select the message that you want to copy. To select multiple items, hold down. …
- On the Home tab, click Move > Copy to Folder.
- Start typing the name of the destination folder.
- When the folder you want appears, click the folder name > Copy.