How do I remove the lock on my Western Digital hard drive?
Removing Password Protection
- Click Go > Applications > WD Security to display the WD Security screen, Change. Security dialog:
- If you have more than one supported My Passport drive connected to your. …
- Type your password in the Password box.
- Select the Remove security option.
- Click Update Security Settings.
How do I remove Western Digital Auto Unlock drive for this user external hard drive?
You can follow the below steps to disable the Auto Unlock feature from the drive:
- Open WD Security and click on the My Passport drive icon.
- Select the “Change Password” option and uncheck the “Enable the Auto Unlock for this computer” option.
- type the current password in the “Current password Box”
How do you unlock WD drive unlock?
▪ Go > Applications > WD Drive Utilities
On the Unlock Drive dialog: a. Type your password in the Password box. b. Click Unlock Drive.
How do I remove WD Unlocker from Windows?
- Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management from the context menu.
- Right click on the drive to format, select Format from the context menu, click on OK and wait for the drive to be formatted.
- After the formatting is complete, right click on the drive and select Delete.
How do I unlock my WD hard drive without the password?
To use it, open WD SmartWare and go to Help > Manage & Customize. Next, click Erase the Drive? option found on the right panel. Here, you will find more information on how to erase the drive and unlock it.
How do I unlock my WD Passport without deleting everything?
Unfortunately, if the OP has really forgot his/her password, the only way to unlock that external WD Passport would be to format it and lose the data. The password protection on the drive is there to prevent people from accessing your drive, redbart!
How do I unlock my external hard drive?
How to Unlock a Hard Drive
- Step 1: Run a disk check. Install the boot disk or USB drive, and power the computer on. …
- Step 2: Run a system file check. Boot the computer from the disk or USB as you did in step one. …
- Step 3: Complete a startup repair. …
- Step 4: Try a system restore. …
- Step 5: Refresh your PC.
How Do I Unlock My Passport hard drive?
If you want to unlock the locked passport drive by yourself then there are two options, First, by trying the password again-and-again, Second, by erasing your passport drive. Though by erasing your WD My Passport drive you can unlock and use it again, but you will lose your data.
How do I reset my WD Passport password?
How to Reset the Password on My Passport
- Click “Start” and select “Computer.” Double-click the CD-ROM drive, then double-click the “SmartWare” application; on a PC, the application is listed as “WD SmartWare.exe,” and on a Mac it is listed as “WD SmartWare. …
- Click the “Settings” tab.
How do I put a password on my WD external hard drive?
Password protect WD external hard drive using WD Security
- Step 1: First of all, download and install the WD Security program on your PC. …
- Step 2: Connect your Western Digital external hard drive to your PC. …
- Step 3: Upon launching WD Security, you will see the following dialog box with an option to set your password.
How do I change my WD Passport password?
To change the security settings for your drive in the future, launch the WD Security utility and enter your password. Select the “Change Password” radio button and reconfigure your password and password hint as needed. Click “Update Security Settings” to confirm.
How do I remove a WD My Book drive?
Western Digital My Book – Opening the Case – Removing the Drive
- Locate the two rubber pads on the bottom of the enclosure near the front, curved surface. …
- Slide the clear plastic LED front panel conduit forward and remove.
- Rotate the hard drive/carrier assembly sideways and then lift away from the case.
How do I delete UDF file system?
Right-click the icon of the UDF USB flash drive, and then select “Open.“ Press the “Ctrl” and “A” keys together, and then press the “Shift” and “Del” keys together. Doing so will erase all data on the USB flash drive while keeping the UDF file system intact.