Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
My DVD Player Won’t Work on My Computer
- Open the DVD drive and insert a DVD. Close the drive and allow the computer to recognize the disc and boot up the player. …
- Open and close the DVD drive several times. …
- Inspect the DVD. …
- Re-install the DVD player on the computer by uninstalling first.
Why does my DVD not play on my computer?
You may come across the problem that your DVD won’t play on Windows 10 when you insert your disc into the disc drive. The causes of this problem can be that your Windows 10 does not have a proper DVD playback software, or that something is wrong with your CD/DVD drive.
What is the best program to play DVDs on computers?
List of Best Free DVD Player Software
- WinX DVD Ripper.
- CyberLink PowerDVD 20 Ultra.
- VideoLAN VLC media player.
- DVD Player-Free.
- 5K Player.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I fix my DVD drive not reading?
If the issue is not resolved, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- Verify the optical disk drive is recognized in Device Manager.
- Set the AutoPlay settings in windows to defaults.
- Run the Dell PC Diagnostics on the Optical Disk Drive (CD, DVD or Blu-ray drive)
- Disable the DMA mode of the optical disk drive.
Why won’t my DVD player play certain DVDs?
There are many reasons why your DVD player won’t play certain DVDs. More often than not, the problem is due to the age of your player or a compatibility issue related to region or video format.
Does Windows 10 have a built in DVD player?
The Windows DVD Player enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store. For more info, see Windows DVD Player Q&A. … If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro, you can search for a DVD player app in Microsoft Store.
How can I play a DVD on my laptop without drive?
Here are a couple of solutions for how to play a DVD on a laptop without a disk drive.
How to play DVDs on a laptop without a DVD drive
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now. …
- Create ISO files for virtual disks. …
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray. …
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.