Once the bootable USB key is created, restart your Mac, press and hold the Option key and select the USB key to boot from USB. Thereafter you can proceed to format and install macOS on Hard disk. Once macOS is installed, the last supported version of Xcode can be installed from Mac App Store.
How do I reinstall Mac OS on a blank hard drive?
Briefly press the power button, then immediately hold the option key while your Mac boots up. Release the key when a startup disk selection screen appears. Choose to boot up from your USB installer. After a short while, the macOS Utilities window should appear.
How do I install OSX on a new hard drive?
Installing a SATA Drive as a Storage Unit – 10.11
- Physically install the drive into the Mac.
- Turn the Mac on.
- Select Applications.
- Select Utilities.
- Select Disk Utility.
- Select the Erase tab.
- Verify that the correct hard drive is selected in the left column.
- Enter Volume information (Name, Format, and Scheme).
How do I install an operating system on a blank hard drive?
How to install Windows on a SATA drive
- Insert the Windows disc into the CD-ROM / DVD drive/USB flash drive.
- Power down the computer.
- Mount and connect the Serial ATA hard drive.
- Power up the computer.
- Choose language and region and then to Install Operating System.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
How do I reinstall Mac OS manually?
- Choose Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X) from the utilities window.
- Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. You’ll be asked to select your disk. If you don’t see it, click Show All Disks. …
- Click Install. Your Mac restarts after installation is complete.
How do I reinstall OSX Catalina from USB?
Then follow these steps:
- Use the mouse pointer or the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the disk called Install macOS Catalina in the drive list that appears on the screen.
- Once the USB drive has booted, select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, choose your Mac’s startup drive from the list, and click Erase.
How do I reinstall OSX without losing files?
Option #1: Reinstall macOS without Losing Data From Internet Recovery
- Click the Apple icon>Restart.
- Hold down the key combination: Command+R, you will see the Apple logo.
- Then choose “Reinstall macOS Big Sur” from utilities window and click “Continue”.
How do I install OSX from USB on new hard drive?
Insert the flash drive in a USB port on your Mac. Start the Mac and hold down the option key. Select to boot from the flash drive. Use the Disk Utility application to create a single partition to install El Capitan (OS X 10.11).
How do I install Windows on a new hard drive without the disk?
To install Windows 10 after replacing the hard drive without disk, you can do it by using Windows Media Creation Tool. First, download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, then create Windows 10 installation media using a USB flash drive. Last, install Windows 10 to a new hard drive with USB.
How do I reinstall Windows after hard drive failure?
Reinstall Windows 10 to a new hard drive
- Back up all of your files to OneDrive or similar.
- With your old hard drive still installed, go to Settings>Update & Security>Backup.
- Insert a USB with enough storage to hold Windows, and Back Up to the USB drive.
- Shut down your PC, and install the new drive.
How do I install Windows 10 on a new hard drive without operating system?
How Do I Install Windows 10 on a New Hard Drive?
- Install your new hard drive (or SSD) in your computer.
- Plug in your Windows 10 installation USB drive or insert the Windows 10 disk.
- Change the boot order in the BIOS to boot from your install media.
- Boot to your Windows 10 installation USB drive or DVD.