Power down the DirecTV HD DVR. Plug the eSATA cable into the eSATA connection port on the rear of the device. Attach the other end of the cable into the eSATA port on your external hard drive. The eSATA cable provides a superior connection method faster than both USB and FireWire.
Can I add an external hard drive to my DirecTV DVR?
Unfortunately, not all DirecTV DVRs can utilize an external hard drive; you can only connect an external hard drive to your device if you have a R22 DirecTV Plus DVR or HR20 DirecTV Plus HD DVR. The model number for your device is located on the small door on the front of your receiver.
How do I transfer recordings from my DirecTV DVR?
You can transfer recorded shows from your DirecTV DVR with a video capture card or device by plugging an analog cable into the output jack of your DVR and then plugging the other end of this cable into the input jack on the video capture device.
Can you transfer recordings from a DVR to an external hard drive?
Access your drive on the DVR by selecting “MENU”, “MultiMedia” and “My Media” then either “Recordings Transfer” or “External Hard Drive.” (Which appears depends on your model.) Select “Send to Device,” then select the recording or recordings you want to transfer, then finally select “To Archive.”
What is the USB port for on DirecTV box?
The USB port provides power for USB devices like mobile phones. You can connect your charging cable to the USB port and keep your phone topped up with juice while you watch television. Some users have even gotten a USB keyboard to work so that typing things into the search tool is faster.
Can I save my DirecTV DVR recordings to USB?
DirecTV allows customers with the appropriate DVR equipment to transfer and view recorded programming on a separate hard drive. To increase the recording space available, you can use the eSATA connection on the back of your DVR to connect a compatible external hard drive.
Can you copy recordings from a DVR?
Yes, you can copy shows off your DVR, but it will take a while.
How do I transfer DVR recordings to my computer?
How to Transfer DVR Recordings Onto a Computer
- Purchase and install a video capture device between your DVR and computer. …
- Start and pause playback on your DVR. …
- Resume playback on your DVR and, on your computer, click “Import.” Click “Stop” when your DVR program is finished.
Can I watch DirecTV DVR after Cancelling?
Actually, there is. Disconnect the DVR from the dish, phone line and any network connection before contacting DirecTV to cancel or suspend service. The DVR will never get a non-authorized message, and recordings will still be viewable.
How can I get data from my DVR hard drive?
The CCTV DVR data recovery guide is for you to get data from DVR hard disk with success.
Method 2. Restore from DVR hard drive backup
- Find and open the video backup folder.
- Locate the exact video that you’ve deleted or lost from the CCTV or DVR hard drive/SD card.
- Copy and store the found video back to the disk/SD card.
How do I connect an external hard drive to my DVR?
- Make sure the external hard drive is plugged in and turned on.
- Allow 15 to 30 seconds for the external hard drive to reach operating speed.
- Connect one end of the eSATA cable to the eSATA port on the back of the DVR.
- Connect the other end of the eSATA cable to the eSATA port on the external hard drive.