Try turning on the power by pressing the POWER button on the front of the player. NOTE: If the player turns on by pressing the POWER button on the front, but not with the remote control, then the batteries in the remote control may need to be replaced.
How do I fix my Sony DVD player that won’t turn on?
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the power cord or AC adapter. …
- Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE button on the front panel of the disc player, and plug the power cord back in. …
- After the tray opens, release the OPEN/CLOSE button.
- Remove the disc.
What do you do if your DVD player wont turn on?
How do you fix a DVD player that won’t turn on?
- Make sure the child lock feature is disabled.
- Try to open the disc tray.
- If the issue still occurs, power off your DVD player.
- Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Power on your device.
- Try to open the disc tray.
Why is my Sony DVD player not working?
Make sure that the disc has been inserted properly into the player. Make sure that the DVD player is connected properly to the TV . Check that the TV where the DVD player is connected to is set to the right input. … Use a soft cloth to clean the disc ; the disc may have fingerprints or smudges.
Why is my Sony Blu-Ray player not working?
Make sure the settings of the Blu-ray Disc player is correct. … Unplug the power cord of the Blu-ray Disc player from the electrical outlet. Let the player remain without power for one minute. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
How do I reset my Sony DVD player?
Follow these steps to perform a factory reset on your Blu-ray Disc™ player:
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Select Resetting or icon.
- Select Reset to Factory Defaults Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Select Start.
- Select Close.
- Turn off your device, then turn it back on.
Why is my DVD player not working?
Check if the optical disc drive is dirty or broken. Dust is always the culprit for most DVD player not read/load errors. … DVD player not working might be a sign that the disc tray, tray motor or laser is worn out. To fix any of the DVD hardware, you need to open the housing and check the inside with special tools.
How do I reset my Sony DVD player without a remote?
How do I reset my Sony Blu-Ray player without a remote?
- Turn off and unplug the Blue-Ray player, let it rest for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the open/close button on the front of the player, reconnect the power cord, then release the button.
Do DVD players have fuses?
Registered. With the small current draw of a DVD player it has to be a fast blow fuse.
How do you unfreeze a Sony Blu-Ray player?
To perform the power reset, press and hold the POWER button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc® player for 10 seconds. The Blu-ray Disc player should turn off. If it does not turn off, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
What would cause a DVD player to not read discs?
No-disc errors are usually caused when the DVD or the laser-lens pickup has become dirty and causes the DVD player to not be able to read the DVD. … Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc. DVD laser lens cleaning discs can be purchased at most electronics retailers or online.
Why is my Blu-Ray not working?
There are several reasons a disc may not play in the Blu-ray player. A dirty or scratched disc is the most obvious cause, but an incorrect region code or configuration of your home theater system can be the reason as well.
How do you troubleshoot a Blu-Ray player?
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the Blu-ray Disc player cannot read or play a specific disc.
- Make sure the disc is playable. Make sure the inserted disc is compatible with the Blu-ray Disc player . …
- Make sure the disc is in good working condition. …
- Make sure the settings of the Blu-ray Disc player is correct.