How do you unlock a locked hard drive?
How to Unlock a Hard Drive
- Step 1: Run a disk check. Install the boot disk or USB drive, and power the computer on. …
- Step 2: Run a system file check. Boot the computer from the disk or USB as you did in step one. …
- Step 3: Complete a startup repair. …
- Step 4: Try a system restore. …
- Step 5: Refresh your PC.
How do I reset my Transcend external hard drive?
Step1: Click “Go,”and choose “Utilities.” Step2: Click “Disk Utility.” Step3: Select the external hard disk that you want to format, and click “Erase.”
How do you reset a locked hard drive?
Right-click the partition on the hard drive you want to erase and select “Format” from the context menu. Follow the prompts and make sure the “Perform a quick format” option is deselected. It will take several minutes to erase and reformat the drive.
How do I unlock a locked hard drive Windows 10?
When the hard drive where you installed Windows 10 is locked, you may run the following command to unlock it:
- In Windows, click the Start and enter cmd in the Search field, then press the Enter key.
- Type bootrec /RebuildBcd and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixMbr and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixboot and press Enter.
Why does my Transcend hard disk not detected?
I’d strongly recommend you try to connect the external HDD using a different USB cable and also try plugging it to another USB port on your laptop. I’d also suggest you go to Device Manager and make sure all your drivers are working properly (the one for the external drive and the USB hub controller drivers).
How do I fix hard drive not detected?
What to Do When Your External Hard Drive Won’t Show Up
- Make Sure It’s Plugged In and Powered On. Western Digital My Book. …
- Try Another USB Port (or Another PC) …
- Update Your Drivers. …
- Enable and Format the Drive in Disk Management. …
- Clean the Disk and Start From Scratch. …
- Remove and Test the Bare Drive.
Can you recover files from a formatted hard drive?
Can a hard drive be recovered after formatting? Yes, as long as you find a reliable hard drive recovery program. For your information, formatting a disk does not erase the real data. All the erased data doesn’t disappear from the hard drive until fresh data is written to space, where marks as deleted.
How do I get files off a hard drive that won’t boot?
To recover data from a none-booting hard drive in this way, it takes the below five steps.
- Obtain an External Hard Disk Enclosure.
- Uninstall Non-booting Hard Drive.
- Install Hard Drive in External Enclosure.
- Connect USB and Power Cables.
- Recovering the Data.
How can I recover data from a dead hard drive?
To Recover Deleted Data from a Damaged Hard Drive:
- Download & Install Disk Drill on your computer.
- Select your hard drive & click the ‘Recover’ button.
- Preview files.
- Select & save your files.
How do I decrypt a hard drive without a password?
The steps are listed below:
- Run the program, and click the encrypted hard drive and choose Delete Partition at the left hand.
- Select a method to delete the partition, hit OK.
- Click Apply to unlock a BitLocker encrypted drive without password.
- Then right click the BitLocker encrypted hard drive, select Create Partition.
How long does it take to decrypt a hard drive?
Usually, it takes several hours on encryption or decryption, but it is based on the size of your hard drive and computer performance.
How do I decrypt my hard drive?
To access Recovery Console using Repair CD:
- Log into the Recovery Console CD. If the Device ID is editable, check the correct DeviceID from the PolicyServer.
- Click Recovery Console.
- In the left pane, click Decrypt Disk.
- Click Decrypt found on the bottom right. Wait until the decryption process completes.