Automatic, wireless backup for all your computers – Protect your precious memories and wirelessly back up all the PC and Mac computers on your network to one reliable location. Windows users can use the included WD SmartWare software and every time you save something, it’s instantly backed up.
Does WD My Book need to be plugged in?
You can do whatever you want. I’ve left everything connected and powered on … after shutting down the PC and then powering back on… no problems. If you’re not gonna be using your computer for an extended time 24+ hours … then i power off.
Can WD My Book be connected to router?
Still, the WD My Book is a fixed DAS device (Directly Attached Storage), meaning it’s designed to connect via USB to the PC/laptop. So if you want to make it shareable on your network, that would be up to only your router.
Can I connect WD My Book Live directly to computer?
WD 2go web access provides fee-free remote access to your My Book Live personal cloud storage. Once you log in, WD 2go mounts My Book Live to your computer like a local drive and provides access to your remote folders from any Mac or PC. Seamlessly open, save as, and attach files to emails from this virtual drive.
How do I access my WD My Book?
The way forward to access your My Book Live is:
- Open your file browser.
- In the Network pane under Storage section, you should see your My Book Live device.
- RIGHT click that icon, select Open option.
- A file browser will appear, you now should have access to your My Book Live storage.
How do I use WD My Book Essential as an external hard drive?
How to Use a My Book External Hard Drive
- Insert the My Book power adapter into the back of the hard drive, and plug the other end into a standard electrical outlet. …
- Connect the My Book external hard drive to your PC computer using a USB cable.
- Open the “Start” menu and click on the “My Computer” icon.
What is the difference between WD Easystore and my book?
The 8 TB WD Easystore was faster than both models by about 2 minutes. Shorter bars indicate better performance. The 8 TB My Book is cheaper, as of this writing, and available at more retailers than the 8 TB WD Easystore. If you see the price on the Easystore come down, though, it’s worth buying.
Can WD my book be used as NAS?
WD My Book Live 3TB Personal Cloud Storage NAS Share Files and Photos.
Why is there a USB port on my router?
A USB port on a router lets you connect a printer or external hard drive for sharing on the network. USB ports are handy because they make it very simple to set up a network printer on a home network or quickly expand sharable storage.
How do I connect my WD my book to my computer?
Tips for Getting Started with the WD My Book Backup Drive
- Plug in the power supply to the wall/powerbar and to the drive. …
- Plug the USB cable between the computer and the drive. …
- The drive should now turn on. …
- Look for the new hard drive in My Computer. …
- Double click on it and then on “WD Apps Setup”.
How do I connect my WD My Cloud to my computer via WIFI?
How to setup your My Cloud via computer
- Power up the My Cloud device.
- Connect the My Cloud device to a router.
- Go to www.mycloud.com/setup.
- Click “Get Started”
- Enter the info you would like to use for the MyCloud.com account. …
- Check your email for the confirmation email.
- Create a MyCloud.com account password.