We recommend shipping the drive in its original manufacturer’s packaging. If this is not possible, pack the hard drive in a sturdy corrugated cardboard box twice the size of the drive, with heavy foam padding, bubble wrap or other anti-vibration materials.
Is it safe to ship hard drives?
You should always pack hard disk drives firmly in bubble wrap. … You can also use shipping foam, but make sure that the hard drive cannot move during transit. Laptop Hard Drives – Use 3-6 inches of bubble wrap.
How do you post a hard drive?
How To Package A Hard Drive For Shipping
- Bare hard drives should ideally be sealed into antistatic / ESD bags. …
- The drive should then be sandwiched between foam, or wrapped in bubble wrap to absorb any minor shocks.
- Then the whole thing should go into a strong box.
Do hard drives come in a box?
Retailers usually get these in a box of 20+ drives. Then they send these drives to you packed in their antistatic bag. Rarely do you get hdd’s in boxes nowadays.
Can you send hard drives overseas?
Generally it should be fine. Customs would have to go to great lengths to check you drive, and the ownership of the files contained on it, that it wouldn’t really be worth their while doing so.
How do I ship a portable hard drive?
Place the drive in a bubble wrap envelope or a box lined with bubble wrap. Do not use packing pellets, peanuts, air bags, or newspaper. Place the packing slip inside the package, and seal the box with nylon or vinyl tape along all edges and openings. Place the label on the outside of the package.
How do you ship a flash drive?
How to Mail a Flash Drive in an Envelope
- Go to your local office supply store and purchase a small, padded envelope. …
- Address the envelope, then put the flash drive in the padded envelope and seal it. …
- Take the package to the nearest Post Office, FedEx or UPS location.
How do I ship my SSD?
Pack the SSD in an ESD cover to avoid ESD damage. Place the SSD in a sturdy shipping box. Fill the box with bubble wrap, shipping foam or other non-static shipping material. Ensure adhesive tape firmly seals the box.
Do hard drives need a case?
You need to buy a hard-drive enclosure that matches the size of the drive you have; a 2.5-inch enclosure for a 2.5-inch drive and a 3.5-inch enclosure for a 3.5-inch drive.
How do I manage multiple external hard drives?
How to Connect Multiple External Hard Drives
- Plug the hard drives directly into your computer if you have enough ports. …
- Connect the external storage devices through a daisy chain if you run out of USB or firewire ports. …
- Get a hard drive with a port. …
- Hook up the first hard drive.