How do I format my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I format my MacBook Pro hard drive?
How to format an external drive for Mac
- Launch Disk Utility. …
- Once Disk Utility is open you’ll see the list of available drives on the left. …
- Click on the Erase option from the four options available in the main window.
- Disk Utility will automatically choose the format for you. …
- The next step is to give the drive a name.
How do you factory reset a Mac computer?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I make my external hard drive compatible with Mac and PC?
How to format an external drive in OS X
- Select the drive you want to format. …
- Enter the amount of space you want to set aside for Time Machine. …
- Select the new untitled partition so we can format it as exFAT for use with both Mac and Windows. …
- Give the partition a name and select exFAT for the format.
Why won’t my Mac let me erase the hard drive?
It’s not usually possible to erase the startup disk because your Mac is using it to run macOS. Recovery Mode is a special partition on your Mac you can use to restore from a backup, reinstall macOS, get online support, or erase your startup disk. You should back up your Mac before trying to erase or reformat it.
How do I factory reset my Mac desktop 2011?
After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
How to Reset a MacBook Pro to Factory Settings Without a Disc
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart. …
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. …
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.