You can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username, and password can also be found in the user manual of your router. To connect your WD My Cloud device to NordVPN, enable SSH on your device and perform the steps below while connected via SSH.
How do I access WD My Cloud locally?
To open your My Cloud web Dashboard:
- Windows: open a web browser and type in //devicename (or device IP address) to the web address bar.
- Mac OSX: open a web browser and type in //devicename. local (or device IP address) to the web address bar.
How do I change my WD My Cloud IP address?
To change the network mode (from DHCP to Static):
- Click Settings.
- In the left pane, click Network.
- For the Network Mode option, click Static.
- Click OK to continue with the change.
- In the Static Network Mode dialog box, enter at least an IP Address and a Netmask.
- Click Save.
How do I connect my WD My Cloud to my network?
Connect your My Cloud Home
- Place the WD My Cloud Home near your router.
- Connect the power adapter to the My Cloud Home and to a free power outlet.
- Connect the network cable to your WD My Cloud Home and your router or modem.
- Wait until the white light comes on.
Can you connect WD My Cloud directly to computer?
see less To summarize all the debate below: you CAN connect the My Cloud directly to your computer via Ethernet ONLY. You CANNOT use the USB port; the My Cloud is an intelligent network device, not a dumb* USB drive. As an intelligent network device, it can support additional drives of its own.
How do I recover data from WD My Cloud hard drive?
How to recover data from WD My Cloud Home
- Remove the drives from your WD My Cloud Home. …
- Connect the removed drive(s) to the computer. …
- Install UFS Explorer Professional Recovery on the computer and launch the program. …
- Find the WD My Cloud partition holding your data.
How do I access the cloud on Android?
You can access Samsung Cloud directly on your Galaxy phone and tablet.
- To access Samsung Cloud on your phone, navigate to and open Settings.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen, and then tap Samsung Cloud.
- From here, you can view your synced apps, back up additional data, and restore data.
What is the USB port for on WD My Cloud?
USB 2.0 port Connects to a USB hard drive for additional storage. This port is only available on 4-bay My Cloud devices. USB 3.0 port Connects to a USB hard drive for additional storage. Reset button ( ) Restores settings such as the Admin user name and password for the device.
Can you use WD My Cloud as an external hard drive?
The first thing you need to know about the WD MyCloud is that it’s not a traditional external hard disk. This is not a device that you plug into a PC or a laptop and transfer files to. You do not carry this around with you when you go from place to place. The MyCloud device variants offer up to 8 TB of storage.
Why can’t I access my WD My Cloud dashboard?
Check any third party firewall/security software and or the network firewall. Disable any third party security software as a troubleshooting step and see if the web browser access issue to either the My Cloud Dashboard or MyCloud.com web portal continue.
Can WD My Cloud be hacked?
MyCloud devices make it super easy for customers to access their data remotely, but doing so also exposes them to attacks like last month’s that led to the mass-wipe of MyBook Live devices.
Can you use WD My Cloud without Internet?
Of course you can transfer data to the My Cloud without an internet connection. The My Cloud is a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device. … You cannot connect a computer to the USB port on the My Cloud.