How do I unlock my hard drive password and lost data?
How to Unlock Hard Drive with Password?
- Step 1 Search “Control Panel” to “Bitlocker Drive Encryption”.
- Step 2 Turn on “Bitlocker”.
- Step 3 Enter the password to finish encryption.
- Step 1 Press “Win+R” to arouse “Run” interface.
- Step 3 Choose the locked drive to perform a quick “Format”
How do you reset a locked hard drive?
Right-click the partition on the hard drive you want to erase and select “Format” from the context menu. Follow the prompts and make sure the “Perform a quick format” option is deselected. It will take several minutes to erase and reformat the drive.
Can HDD cause freezing?
Sudden reboots are a sign of a possible hard drive failure. As is the blue screen of death, when your computer screen turns blue, freezes and may require rebooting. A strong sign of a hard drive failure is a computer crash when you are trying to access files.
What is HDD freeze?
When you freeze your hard drive, any water vapor within the drive turns into ice crystals. When you take the hard drive out of the freezer, those ice crystals start melting. The water left behind can and often does damage the drive’s essential electronics.
How do I unlock my Seagate hard drive if I forgot my password?
Reset your Seagate Access account password with the Personal Cloud web app
- Go to PersonalCloud.seagate.com.
- Click the Forgot password link.
- Enter the email address associated with your remote access account.
- An email will be sent to your email account. …
- Enter your new password and click Reset.
How do I unlock my WD hard drive without the password?
To use it, open WD SmartWare and go to Help > Manage & Customize. Next, click Erase the Drive? option found on the right panel. Here, you will find more information on how to erase the drive and unlock it.
Does replacing hard drive remove password?
Yes. Putting in a new drive would require Windows to be reinstalled and thus new accounts. All the information existing on that original drive would be limited to that drive.
How do you unlock a locked hard drive?
How to Unlock a Hard Drive
- Step 1: Run a disk check. Install the boot disk or USB drive, and power the computer on. …
- Step 2: Run a system file check. Boot the computer from the disk or USB as you did in step one. …
- Step 3: Complete a startup repair. …
- Step 4: Try a system restore. …
- Step 5: Refresh your PC.
How do I unlock a locked hard drive Windows 10?
When the hard drive where you installed Windows 10 is locked, you may run the following command to unlock it:
- In Windows, click the Start and enter cmd in the Search field, then press the Enter key.
- Type bootrec /RebuildBcd and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixMbr and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixboot and press Enter.
How do I wipe my hard drive that won’t boot?
The best way to do is to use something like Eraser, being sure to also wipe all empty space, then do a format on the drive. If the drive is beyond rescue (can’t be erased and re-formatted), the best thing to do is pull the drive, open it up and go at it with a sledge hammer.
How do I remove the password from my Seagate hard drive?
Password reset key setup after security is enabled
- Open Toolkit.
- On the Main Menu, click on the device.
- Click on the More icon ( ) and select Reset Key.
- Click Create.
- Enter your current Seagate Secure admin password. Click Continue.
- You’re prompted to enter your PSID.