If the Toshiba hard drive is still not working, try to update the device driver. … Since your hard drive is not detected by the PC, you cannot update the driver via Device Manager. Go to the official site of Toshiba, then download and install the latest driver by entering your model or the serial number of your disk.
How do I get my hard drive to work again?
Chill it down.
- Seal the drive in a zip-lock bag, and remove as much air as possible. Pop the drive into the freezer for a few hours.
- Plug the drive back into the computer and give it a try. If it doesn’t work immediately, power down, remove the drive, then smack it on a hard surface such as a table or floor.
How do I reset my Toshiba external hard drive?
Access the Toshiba External hard drive and look for the folder MY FILES (which contains your backup files) and delete it. 2. Now look for the folder IMAGES (which contains the complete system backup) and delete it. Now your Toshiba External hard drive is back to factory settings.
How do I access my Toshiba external hard drive?
How to Use a Toshiba External Hard Drive
- Connect your external hard drive to your computer using a USB cable, generally provided with the hard drive.
- Insert the driver disc that came with your external hard drive into your computer’s CD drive, if it came with a disc.
How do I revive a dead external hard drive?
Use data recovery software to scan the external drive for logically lost data
- Download and install Disk Drill.
- Connect the external drive and launch the program.
- Click Search for lost data to scan to drive.
- Preview the found files and select those you want to retrieve.
- Click the Recover button to perform the recovery.
How do I fix my external hard drive not responding?
How to Fix the External Hard Disk Is Not Detected Issue?
- Inspect Hard Drive. Carefully inspect your hard disk for any physical damage. …
- Run CHKDSK. …
- Use an Antivirus & Anti-Malware Tool. …
- Re-Install the Drivers. …
- Format the Disk.
What do I do if my hard drive is not detected?
How to confirm whether the hard drive is spinning up or not?
- Boot the computer and try to catch some noise.
- Power off the system.
- Disconnect the power cord from the system.
- Remove the power cable when the hard disk is not detected, or the hard disk you are trying to fix.
- Reconnect the power cord to the system itself.
What causes a hard drive to fail?
There are a number of causes for hard drives to fail including: human error, hardware failure, firmware corruption, heat, water damage, power issues and mishaps. … Drives typically fail within a short time if there is a defect present from manufacturing.
How do I fix my Toshiba External Hard Drive not detected?
Fix the problem quickly with the below solutions.
- 1 Check The Port And Computer. …
- 2 Initialize Toshiba External Hard Drive. …
- 3 Change the Toshiba Drive Letter. …
- 4 Check and Repair Toshiba Drive. …
- 5 Run Windows Troubleshooter. …
- 6 Update or Uninstall Drivers. …
- 7 Reinstall USB Controllers. …
- 8 Enable Legacy USB Support.
How long do Toshiba hard drives last?
The simplest answer is that they can run smoothly for three to five years. This means any HDD, whether it’s external or inside of a system. Asking about the longevity of an external enclosure—a metal or plastic housing designed to cover and protect a disk drive from damage—is a different question altogether.