How do I replace the DVD drive on my computer?
Windows 95, 98, and Me
- Right-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Click Properties in the menu that displays.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to CD-ROM or DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- Right-click the drive you want to remove. …
- Click Remove, and then click OK when the warning window displays.
How do I replace the CD drive on my desktop?
Step 3: Removing the CD or DVD Drive
- Find the CD or DVD drive you want to replace, probably in a top bay towards the front of the computer.
- Disconnect the power cable and IDE interface cable from the back of the drive. …
- If the drive is attached to the case with screws, remove all screws on each side of the drive.
How do you fix a missing DVD drive?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I install a program from a DVD drive?
Installing software using a USB thumb drive
- Insert the software installation disc into the CD/DVD drive.
- If an AutoPlay window appears, click Open folder to view files. …
- Select all files and folders, then right-click and select Copy. …
- Insert a USB thumb drive into a USB port on the computer that has a CD/DVD drive.
Can I replace my CD drive with a hard drive PC?
Yes, if your have an extra SATA connector, then you can put a 3.5″ HDD in the 5.25″ DVD bay, but you will need either mounting brackets (figure 1 and 2) or a 3.5″-to-5.25″ adapter (figure 3).
How do I remove the CD drive from my Lenovo desktop?
- Close any applications using the drive and then shut down the PC.
- Find the pinhole on the drive door.
- Bend part of the paperclip to a point. Insert the paperclip slowly until there is resistance, then gently push until the drive door is opened.
- Pull the drive tray out and remove the disk. Close the tray.
How do I fix my DVD drive missing from Windows 10 8 7?
Locate the DVD/CD-ROM drives and IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers items. Right-click on each entry present under both “DVD/CD-ROM drives” and “IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers” sections one by one and select Uninstall. Step 2. Right-click again these items and select “Scan for hardware change” this time.
Can’t find DVD CD-ROM drives in Device Manager?
Try this – Control Panel – Device Manager – CD/DVD – double click the device – Driver’s Tab -click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) – then RIGHT CLICK the drive – UNINSTALL – REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack. Even if drive is not shown continue below.
Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
When the DVD player says no disc, it means the sensor is not recognizing a disc in the tray. The cleaning should help solve this problem but it may persist. Try a number of different discs to see if the problem is disc-related. … If the problem persists, cleaning the lens on a reader is necessary.
Do all in one PC have CD drive?
Yes, it has a built in CD/DVD drive!