Go to System Preferences > Disk Utility. Check that the external disk is listed in the left sidebar. Highlight your hard drive and select Mount. It should now appear under devices in the Finder.
How do I remove Western Digital Auto Unlock drive for this user external hard drive?
You can follow the below steps to disable the Auto Unlock feature from the drive:
- Open WD Security and click on the My Passport drive icon.
- Select the “Change Password” option and uncheck the “Enable the Auto Unlock for this computer” option.
- type the current password in the “Current password Box”
How do I remove WD SmartWare from my external hard drive?
Once in the Device Manager, look at the list of devices. Click the “+” sign to open up the list of CD/DVD drives that are installed on the system. Right click “WD Virtual CD XXXX USB Device” (where XXXX is a number assigned to the drive) and select the option to disable the drive. This disables the Virtual Drive.
How do I bypass WD My Passport password?
Enter an incorrect password five times in a row. Upon the fifth failed attempt, you will be prompted to erase your drive. Agree to the terms, and then click Erase Drive. You can then proceed with a password reset.
How do I unlock my WD Passport without deleting everything?
Unfortunately, if the OP has really forgot his/her password, the only way to unlock that external WD Passport would be to format it and lose the data. The password protection on the drive is there to prevent people from accessing your drive, redbart!
How do you unlock a WD hard drive?
▪ Go > Applications > WD Drive Utilities
On the Unlock Drive dialog: a. Type your password in the Password box. b. Click Unlock Drive.
How do you unlock a locked hard drive?
When your computer hard drive gets locked, you may try the following steps to unlock it:
- Run a disk check using CHKDSK command.
- Run a system file check with sfc /scannow command.
- Complete a startup repair with “bootrec /RebuildBcd”, “bootrec /fixMbr”, and “bootrec /fixboot” commands.
- Try a system restore.
How do I access a hard drive without a password?
As others have mentioned you can try using a sata -usb adapter or disk caddy connected to another computer to access the data. If the drive has been encrypted with Bit-Locker you will need the recovery key. You can also try booting the laptop with a Linux live cd & then try moving the data to another storage device.
Can I use WD passport without the software?
You don’t require pre-installed software for re-formatting the drive. Hope this information helps. Hey there Ackman, As Anusha explained pretty well, you are free to use external drives such as the WD My Passport Ultra the same way you would use an internal drive in an external enclosure.
What does WD SmartWare software do?
WD unveiled their new SmartWare Pro software that enables users to easily back up files to any USB external hard drive or the cloud using their personal Dropbox. The software also provides users with the ability to restore or retrieve backed-up data.
How do you get rid of WD Unlocker?
- Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management from the context menu.
- Right click on the drive to format, select Format from the context menu, click on OK and wait for the drive to be formatted.
- After the formatting is complete, right click on the drive and select Delete.
How do I change my WD Passport password?
To change the security settings for your drive in the future, launch the WD Security utility and enter your password. Select the “Change Password” radio button and reconfigure your password and password hint as needed. Click “Update Security Settings” to confirm.