Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
What do I do if my laptop CD drive is not working?
In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive that is listed, and then click Uninstall. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the device. Restart your computer (Once the restart is complete, the Operating System will automatically install the required drivers).
Why is my CD drive not working?
Update or reinstall the driver for the optical disk drive
Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. … In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive that is listed, and then click Uninstall. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the device.
How do I fix the DVD drive on my laptop?
To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt. …
- In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
How do I reinstall my CD drive on my laptop?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do I know if my CD drive is working?
How Do I Tell If My CD Drive Is Working?
- Check Operation. Press the button to open the CD-ROM drive. The drive should open to accept a CD. …
- Check the Drive. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Computer” on the right side of the Start menu. …
- Check Device Manager. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Control Panel.”
How do I enable my CD drive?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive. …
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
How do I fix my CD player not reading?
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the CD player will not play a disc.
- Ensure the CD player is plugged into a working AC outlet. …
- Turn on the CD player.
- Use a soft cloth to clean the disc. …
- Attempt to play the disc. …
- If the issue is not resolved, attempt to play a different commercially produced CD.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. … Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
How do I enable my CD drive in Windows 10?
Right-click the drive name and select Enable. You might have to restart the computer. The drive should work correctly after it is enabled. If the drive cannot be enabled, a required software service or driver is disabled or not functioning properly.
How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key: …
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane. …
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
Why can’t I play dvds on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. … So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
How do I open the CD drive on my laptop?
Use the following steps:
- Close any applications using the drive and then shut down the PC.
- Find the pinhole on the drive door.
- Bend part of the paperclip to a point. Insert the paperclip slowly until there is resistance, then gently push until the drive door is opened.
- Pull the drive tray out and remove the disk.