Eject a disc from an optical drive: Press the Eject key . Eject a disc from a Finder window: Click the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window, then in the Finder sidebar, click the Eject button next to the disc’s name.
How do I eject a DVD from my Macbook?
1. Drag the CD/DVD icon to the Trash, reboot the Mac and hold down the mouse button, or the “Eject” button on your keyboard. 2. Launch Apple’s Disk Utility application, select the stuck CD/DVD and hit the “Eject” button.
How do I force eject a DVD from my Macbook Pro?
Hold down your trackpad button (or your left mouse button) and restart your Mac. Hold the button down until the desktop appears. This will trigger the system to eject your disc before macOS begins loading.
How do I manually eject a CD from my Macbook Pro?
When a disc won’t eject from your Mac, try the following: 1.) Press and hold the Eject key, 2.) Right-click on the disc icon on the Desktop and select “Eject” from the menu, 3.) Drag the disc icon to the Trash.
How do you force eject on a Mac?
Restart your computer, and hold down the mouse button. If you have a 2 button mouse, hold down the left click. If your computer has an eject key on the keyboard, restart the computer again, this time holding the eject key. Open a Terminal window and type in drutil tray eject.
How do I eject a disc from my Macbook Pro when it is not recognized?
Ejecting external optical drives in OS X
- Drag to the trash. Dragging a removable disc to the trash has been in the Mac OS since early on. …
- Select it and press Command-E. If you select the optical disc in the OS X Finder and press Command-E, the disc will eject. …
- Eject using the keyboard.
How do you eject a disc from a Mac when it is not recognized?
If you can’t eject a CD or DVD
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Log Out, then log in again. Try to eject the disc again.
- If you still can’t eject the CD or DVD, choose Apple menu > Restart. While your computer restarts, press and hold the mouse or trackpad button until the disc is ejected.
What does the Eject icon look like on a Mac?
The Eject menu icon is added to the menu bar (the icon is a chevron with a line beneath it). Select the Eject menu icon to display all the optical drives attached to the Mac. An Open or Close command appears, depending on each drive’s current state.
How do I eject a stuck CD?
Look closely at the front panel of your CD or DVD drive – you should see a tiny hole. Push the wire into this little hole: you should feel a bit of resistance, but the paper clip will push in further and the disc tray will eject slightly. Pull the disc tray into the open position and remove the disc.