Try replacing the network cable. Try connecting the My Cloud to a different port on the router. Worst case is the possibility the network port on the My Cloud is broken/nonfunctional. If this is the case then try contacting WD Support directly.
What does red light on WD My Cloud mean?
WD My Cloud Red Light
This is generally an indicator that the NAS has failed to initialize it’s internal software. In some cases it can be due to failed electronics, however most often it’s due to bad hard drives. … They will have to be removed and have the data recovered externally of the NAS.
Why can’t I connect to WD My Cloud?
Perform a reset of the WD My Cloud via the steps at this link. Disable any software firewall applications on the PC. Turn off all network devices. … Connect one PC directly via Ethernet wire to the same router that the WD My Cloud is connected to.
How do I reconnect my WD My Cloud?
How to setup your My Cloud via computer
- Power up the My Cloud device.
- Connect the My Cloud device to a router.
- Go to www.mycloud.com/setup.
- Click “Get Started”
- Enter the info you would like to use for the MyCloud.com account. …
- Check your email for the confirmation email.
- Create a MyCloud.com account password.
How do I recover data from WD My Cloud hard drive?
How to recover data from WD My Cloud Home
- Remove the drives from your WD My Cloud Home. …
- Connect the removed drive(s) to the computer. …
- Install UFS Explorer Professional Recovery on the computer and launch the program. …
- Find the WD My Cloud partition holding your data.
Why is WD My Cloud offline?
“MyCloud is offline . . . ” This simply means you cannot access the My Cloud with your device (iPhone, iPad, etc.) … It actually may not be “offline” ,so check it with your PC or other way to access the My Cloud other than with the app.
Can I connect My Cloud directly to computer?
see less To summarize all the debate below: you CAN connect the My Cloud directly to your computer via Ethernet ONLY. You CANNOT use the USB port; the My Cloud is an intelligent network device, not a dumb* USB drive. As an intelligent network device, it can support additional drives of its own.
How do I connect my WD My Cloud to my computer?
Head to the File Explorer and locate your WD Cloud drive. It should be called WDMyCloud. Right-click on the public folder, then select the map network drive option. Choose an available letter from the drive list (drop-down), ensuring to tick the box that says Reconnect at login.
How do I connect my WD My Cloud to my new router?
Connect your My Cloud Home
- Place the WD My Cloud Home near your router.
- Connect the power adapter to the My Cloud Home and to a free power outlet.
- Connect the network cable to your WD My Cloud Home and your router or modem.
- Wait until the white light comes on.
How do I find my WD My Cloud activation code?
Where do I find my WD My Cloud activation code?
- Install the WD Photos and WD My Cloud apps onto the mobile device.
- Click Cloud Access.
- In the left pane, click the name of the user whose mobile device you want to grant access to the cloud.
- Click Get Code.
- Click Finish.
- On the mobile device, enter the activation code.
Does WD My Cloud need to be connected to router?
Does my cloud have to be connected to router? You must connect the My Cloud using the Ethernet port to the local network WiFi Router or local network switch/hub that has a WiFi router connected to it in order for any WiFi device or computer to access the My Cloud. The My Cloud DOES NOT have WiFi capability.