Go to File > Info. Under Protect Document, select Encrypt with Password. Enter a password and confirm it before clicking OK. Now users would need to enter a password before they can view the file.
How do I password protect a flash drive Windows 10?
Step 1: Connect your USB flash or hard drive to your Windows 10 PC running Pro or Enterprise edition.
- Step 2: Navigate to This PC. …
- Step 3: Select Use a password to unlock the drive check box, enter a password to protect your data on the USB drive, reenter the password to verify the password, and then click Next button.
How can I lock my USB drive?
Password protect files on a USB drive
- Open the document and select File.
- Click Info and Protect Document from the menu options.
- Select the option to Encrypt with Password.
- Add the password and then save it. From that point onward, every time you try to open the document you will be prompted for that password.
How can I password protect a USB drive without software?
Below, we have outlined different methods to guide you on how to password protect your USB stick and keep your data safe.
- Method 1: Encrypt USB Drive by WINRAR.
- Method 2: Password Protect Thumb Drive Documents.
- Method 3: Use Rohos Mini Drive to Encrypt a Part of the USB.
- Method 4: Use BitLocker to Encrypt the Whole Drive.
How do I Encrypt my SanDisk flash drive?
How to Password Protect a SanDisk Cruzer
- Insert your SanDisk Cruzer into an available USB port on your computer.
- Select “LaunchU3.exe” from the autorun dialog box. …
- Close the AutoPlay dialog box. …
- Select “Enable Security.”
- Enter a password in “New password” and “Retype password.” Enter an optional hint, if desired.
How do I Encrypt a flash drive without BitLocker?
Way 2: Using DiskCryptor
Step 1: Launch DiskCryptor, right-click the USB flash drive and select Encrypt. Step 2: Select an encryption algorithm or keep the default settings, and then click Next. Step 3: Set a secure password for the USB flash drive, and then click OK to start encryption.
How do you put a password on your flash drive?
Open the file you want to add a password to. Go to File > Info. Under Protect Document, select Encrypt with Password. Enter a password and confirm it before clicking OK.
Can you add a password to a USB?
But just like protecting your smartphone with a password, you can do the same with your USB drive. … Then, you can right-click the USB drive and encrypt it. Enter your password, and then you’re done. You can also decrypt it with the same process, if you ever need a fresh drive or want to give it to someone else.