How do I remove the CD drive from my laptop?
To eject the tray within the Operating System, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
How do I play a CD on my laptop without a CD drive?
In this guide, we’ll give you the facts on how to play a DVD or CD on a desktop PC or laptop with no disk drive.
These tips work for desktop PCs, too.
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now. …
- Create ISO files for virtual disks. …
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray. …
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
What is the shortcut key to eject CD?
Press Windows + E on the keyboard to open File Explorer. Right-click the optical drive and choose Eject from the pop-up menu.
How do I put CDS on my laptop Windows 10?
- Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.
- Right click on DVD Drive drive located under Device and drives and select Eject option.
- Check if the drive slot to insert the CD will open.
How do I completely disable my CD drive?
You can disable the device from the Device Manager without opening its Properties window by right-clicking the device and choosing “Disable” from the context menu. To re-enable the drive, open the Device Manager, open the drive’s Properties window, select the “Driver” tab and then click the “Enable” button. Click “OK.”
Why does my CD eject when I close iTunes?
Historically most apps using a CD/DVD would do an eject on the optical drive just to remind the user to remove the media. iTunes is obsolete and there are ongoing transitions in both the Apple and Microsoft Worlds.
Why my CD drive opens by itself?
Programs that are using the drive, such as a software CD player or disc burner, can cause your disc tray to open automatically. … The tray opening by itself is a normal function of the program. However, if the tray is randomly opening by itself, another program installed on the computer is causing the problem.
Where do you put a DVD in a HP laptop?
If your HP laptop has a DVD drive, it is listed in the computer section. Third, select Eject from the context menu to open the DVD drive on the HP laptop. Finally, place the DVD or CD on the DVD drive tray and push the tray back into the laptop to insert the CD or DVD.
Does my HP laptop have a CD drive?
Hewlett-Packard laptop computers generally include a CD/DVD drive built right into your PC. … Opening the DVD drive and accessing its contents on your HP laptop is done the same way as you would on most Windows PCs.
How do I watch a DVD on my HP laptop?
- Open PowerDVD.
- Insert a movie disc (DVD or Blu-Ray) into the disc drive on your computer. …
- Click the Movie tab on the PowerDVD menu and click the arrow in the tab to display the drop down menu, then select the device that contains the movie disc. …
- The movie loads into the computer and starts playing.
Why do laptops not have CD drives anymore?
Size is of course the most obvious reason that they’ve essentially disappeared. A CD/DVD drive takes up a lot of physical space. The disc alone requires at least 12cm x 12cm or 4.7″ x 4.7″ of physical space. As laptops are made to be portable devices, space is extremely valuable real estate.
Why do laptops not have CD drives?
4 – Omitting the optical drive lets the computer manufacturers build laptops that are smaller, lighter and less expensive than they would have to be if the drive was included. … You can still buy a laptop that does have an internal optical drive. They are getting harder to find every day, but they are still available.
Do laptops have CD drives now?
Modern laptops — and even many modern desktop PCs — are dropping disc drives. … Your options range from purchasing an external drive you can plug in via USB when you need the discs to converting those discs to digital formats so you can access them on demand.