Spray three short bursts of WD-40 (or similar lubricant) under the plastic disc that grabs the DVD and pulls it into the motor and drive shaft (it will be a quarter-sized black or gray disc that is attached to the spindle motor). Let settle for a few seconds.
Why is my DVD player not reading discs?
No Disc Error
When the DVD player says no disc, it means the sensor is not recognizing a disc in the tray. The cleaning should help solve this problem but it may persist. Try a number of different discs to see if the problem is disc-related. … If the problem persists, cleaning the lens on a reader is necessary.
How do you unjam a DVD player?
Insert a stiff wire-such as a paperclip or safety pin-into the hole. Push gently and the drawer should open partway. Gently pull the drawer the rest of the way open.
How do you reset a DVD player?
On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET . Press the ENTER button.
How do I fix my DVD drive not reading?
If the issue is not resolved, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- Verify the optical disk drive is recognized in Device Manager.
- Set the AutoPlay settings in windows to defaults.
- Run the Dell PC Diagnostics on the Optical Disk Drive (CD, DVD or Blu-ray drive)
- Disable the DMA mode of the optical disk drive.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
If your CD/DVD drive is having trouble recognizing a disc:
- If you know the disc isn’t blank, check whether the data surface is damaged. …
- Try a different disc. …
- Try the disc in another computer’s drive. …
- Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do you know if your DVD player is bad?
Listen to the machine when you insert the DVD. If you hear noises in the form of a series of clicks and creak-like sounds as the lens and laser both engages and attempt to read the disc, your lens is likely still good, only dirty or otherwise having difficulty reading the disc.
How do you reset a DVD player without a remote?
To power reset, turn OFF the DVD player and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the player ON. Attempt to open the disc tray.
How do you troubleshoot a DVD player?
How to Troubleshoot a DVD Player
- Check audio connections to make sure they’re secure.
- Replace the cable connecting the DVD unit to your receiver.
- Clean the contacts on the player and receiver with electronics-grade contact cleaner.
- Make sure DVD is clean and unscratched.