Reasons behind USB Drive showing empty but is full or vice-versa: The Data stored in USB Drive might have got corrupted due to Malware, bugs, or viruses. There might be a connection problem in either your USB Drive or the port of your PC. The files in your Drive being intentionally or mistakenly hidden.
How do you fix a blank flash drive?
The 3 Steps to Fix “USB Pen Drive Shows Empty” issue
- Step 1: View Hidden Files. Connect the affected USB pen drive to the PC. …
- Step 2: Use Command Prompt. There may be a case wherein the drive and files have got infected with a malware or virus. …
- Step 3: Use a Data Recovery Software.
What to do if USB is not showing files?
Connect the USB pen drive or flash drive to the PC. Step 2. Open Windows “File Explorer” > Go to “Tools” > “Folder” Options > Go to the “View” Tab > Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”. Finally, click “Apply”.
How do I know if my flash drive is empty?
Right-click the listing for the flash drive in the left pane, then select “Properties.” Select the “General” tab, and then check the numbers after “Free Space:” The first number shows the free space in terms of bytes, while the second number shows the free space in terms of megabytes or gigabytes.
Can detect USB but Cannot open?
If the USB flash drive is corrupted or there are some bad sectors on it, then you could not access it, either. However, you can try to run CHKDSK to fix it. 1. Click the Search box, type “cmd”, right-click Command Prompt icon and select “Run as administrator”.
How can I recover my USB data?
Follow those steps to retrieve USB data:
- Plug the USB drive into your computer.
- Open File Explorer and choose This PC.
- Right-click on your USB drive and select Properties.
- Go to the Previous Versions tab.
- Select the most recent previous version and click Restore.
How do I recover files from my USB?
Detailed Guide: 3 Steps to Recover Data from USB
- Run USB Data Recovery Software. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer and launch EaseUS USB data recovery software on your PC. …
- Scan and Search Lost Files on a USB Drive. …
- Restore All Lost Files from USB.
How do I know my USB stick size?
Step 1. Check that Windows Properties shows that the drive has the size stated. From Explorer, navigate to the USB drive and right-click properties and check the Capacity shown. This should (approximately) match the stated drive capacity, which is usually printed on the outside of the drive, and / or on the box.
How do I find my USB drive?
On Windows 8 or 10, right-click the Start button and select “Device Manager”. On Windows 7, press Windows+R, type devmgmt. msc into the Run dialog, and press Enter. Expand the “Disk Drives” and “USB Serial Bus controllers” sections and look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark on their icon.
Can files disappear from flash drive?
It is not an entirely unusual scenario for files copied to USB drives to mysteriously disappear. Users have stated on forums that they can’t find files on USB drives that they’re sure they copied to them. … Missing USB stick files can often be due to virus infections or File Explorer settings.
How do you free up space on your flash drive?
9 Ways to Get More Free Space on Your USB Drive
- Delete Unwanted Hidden Files. …
- Compress Files to Increase USB Storage Capacity. …
- Use File Archivers to Compress Your Files. …
- Reformat Your Drive Using Software. …
- Split Large Files into Smaller Sizes Before Transferring. …
- Convert File Systems in the Drive. …
- Format the Drive Entirely.