Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer.
How do I fix the CD drive on my laptop?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
What should I do if my CD drive is not working?
Method 3: Update or reinstall the driver
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt. …
- In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
What do I do if my laptop CD drive wont open?
What to do if the eject button stops working on laptop
- Eject the Drive in Windows.
- Close Software in Windows.
- Update the CD/DVD Drive Driver.
- Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Reinstall the CD/DVD Drive Driver.
- Force Eject.
How do I know if my CD drive is working?
How Do I Tell If My CD Drive Is Working?
- Check Operation. Press the button to open the CD-ROM drive. The drive should open to accept a CD. …
- Check the Drive. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Computer” on the right side of the Start menu. …
- Check Device Manager. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Control Panel.”
Why my CD drive is not opening?
Try shutting down or configuring any software programs that create discs or monitor the disc drive. If the door still does not open, insert the end of a straightened paper clip into the manual eject hole on the front of the drive. Close all programs and shut down the computer.
How do I enable my CD drive?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive. …
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
How do you open the CD drive on a laptop without the power button?
The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. … Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).