Over time, dust and dirt will accumulate and get on the tray which will cause read errors on your CDs and DVDs. When those read errors are detected, the disc drive will automatically eject to prevent damage to itself, and the laser lens.
Why does my Mac keep ejecting DVDs?
Over time a drive’s lens may collect dust and debris, which can prevent the lens from reading properly. If this happens then most discs inserted into the drive will be ejected, including commercial discs. To remedy this, you can try blowing compressed air into the drive in an attempt to dislodge any debris on the lens.
Why does my DVD player keep opening and closing?
Loose cog – Frequently pushing the drawer of the DVD tray instead of the close button to close the player may cause a loosening of one or two cogs out of their proper position. And thus the DVD player tray keeps opening and closing. Try to pull the drawer gently and push the close button.
How do I fix my DVD drive eject problem?
Do the following steps:
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start , and then click Computer. …
- Right-click the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, and then click Eject.
- Wait about 3 seconds and then try closing the drive tray by pressing in on the front of the tray.
Why does my CD player keep ejecting the disc?
If the CD player will not accept the disc or if the disc keeps being ejected, there may be a problem with the disc that you are trying to play or the unit may need to be reset. … Verify the disc is inserted into the CD player properly. The disc may eject if inserted upside down.
How do I force eject a disc from my Mac?
Mac OS X – Force Ejecting a CD
- Restart your computer, and hold down the mouse button. If you have a 2 button mouse, hold down the left click.
- If your computer has an eject key on the keyboard, restart the computer again, this time holding the eject key.
- Open a Terminal window and type in drutil tray eject.
How do I eject a CD from a Mac external drive?
Ejecting external optical drives in OS X
- Drag to the trash. Dragging a removable disc to the trash has been in the Mac OS since early on. …
- Select it and press Command-E. If you select the optical disc in the OS X Finder and press Command-E, the disc will eject. …
- Eject using the keyboard.
What to do if CD is not ejecting?
- Eject the disc within the Operating System.
- Manually eject the disc within System BIOS.
- Use the emergency eject option (tray-load drives only)
- Install or Update the Dell Quickset drivers (slot-load drives only)
- Close the CD/DVD playback or recording software.